Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Our client is a well- established MEP design and sustainability consultancy based in Manchester.
They have a vast range of experience with large, medium and small residential developments including large individual high specification dwellings, mixed use developments, surestart centres, retail units, commercial office spaces including both CAT A and CAT B fit outs, care homes and NHS sites.
They also have experience with the design of exclusive CIP airport lounges, on both air and passenger sides.
Due to a very strong pipeline of work in 2019, we are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their growing team.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to be based out of the Manchester office.
The main responsibilities will include delivering a large scale residential project on time and to the highest technical standard along with management support.
You will monitor the quality control on projects to ensure the company quality standards are being achieved, and prepare calculations/specifications and drawings, ensuring they comply with the clients brief.
- Development of electrical systems in accordance with employers requirements/concept
- design (Stage 2+)
- Cable calculations including discrimination studies/diversity calculations/voltage
- Lighting calculations including DAILux values/uniformity values
- Assisting with production of contractors proposals – detailed specifications and supporting
- Liaison with Mechanical team for power/containment requirements and co?ordination
- Liaison with the Estimating team for tender assessments and pricing purposes
- Survey and report on existing electrical installations and identify customer requirements
- Highlight changes in standards/legislation and report to the business
Qualities and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in an electrical design capacity
- Ability to lead team members to achieve the best engineered solutions
- Mentoring and management of junior engineers
- Legally able to work in the UK
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Communicate and present in a professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Actively demonstrate initiative, and able to work under pressure
Your experience should be biased towards residential design. You should also possess an in depth knowledge of Building Services Engineering Systems including their performance, application and operation.
For more information regarding the above role please contact Jamie John on 0207 065 7276 or email email@example.com