The “Big Name Company” for people who are suspicious of “Big Name Companies” (electrical design)
5 days left
- Full Time
You know when you get a call from a recruiter where instead of explaining the role, they just tell you the name of the company?
“I’ve got a senior electrical role with FAMOUS ENGINEERING FIRM PLC.” *silence*
No summary of the role, no explanation about the projects, they expect you to just be impressed by the name of FAMOUS ENGINEERING FIRM PLC and send your CV straight away. For some reason they see no need to express clearly to you WHY you should consider working for them. “Because we’re FAMOUS ENGINEERING FIRM PLC” isn’t enough, or at least it shouldn’t be for any good engineer.
I am currently helping search for a senior electrical design engineer with what I would call a “Big Name Company” – if and when you call me to discuss this role, I’ll tell you the name and you will have heard of them, you will even hopefully know a bit about their reputation.
But they don’t just expect their name to carry weight. They are fully aware that the most important question you, someone considering this role, is: “Why should I work for you?” – and made sure that they answered that question clearly to me.
So, in short
- They are structured in a way that you do not become a small cog; as a PLC you will deal day to day with the owners of the company.
- Variety of projects, not getting pigeon-holed
- Commitment to innovative engineering, not copy-paste
- A team of some of the best engineers in the business around you
- Really good development schemes throughout your career, from grad level IPD through chartership and beyond, including management skills training
- Commitment to internal promotions and big opportunities for progression
- Flexible working
A list of bullet points isn’t the whole story, but it’s a start – and hopefully it’s the catalyst for further conversation where you can find out more to decide whether this one is for you.
So give me a call to talk further – my number is 07814 619544. I’ll tell you who the company are, and a lot more than that I promise!
Apply for The “Big Name Company” for people who are suspicious of “Big Name Companies” (electrical design)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly