- Full Time
Our client is an independent design consultancy specialising in building services engineering and environmental design, they are extremely proud to have delivered world-class projects across a range of sectors over 45 years.
Due to rapid increase in workload we currently require a Resident Engineer to work onsite at one of the country premium mixed used development projects located in Central London.
Job Holders primary objectives
To be a sited base Resident Engineer to liaise with the main contractor and MEP sub-contractors on my clients behalf. The role will involve overseeing site works including reviewing installation drawings, inspection of MEP installation, benchmarking, witnessing, testing and snagging. The RE will become familiar with Employers Requirements, our clients specifications and standards and will be responsible for ensuring the installation maintains these standards throughout the works.
The RE should also have good design skills and be able to review Tech Subs and answer RFI’s with minimal input from the Lead Engineer. They should also be able to work closely and collaboratively with the sub-contractors to resolve any design or coordination issues on site.
The RE will be expected to prepare a monthly report of site activities, snags and non-conformances against the ER’s for distribution to the Client, main contractor and design team. The RE will also be expected to report back to the Lead Engineer regularly noting upcoming activities and any critical issues arising on site.
• RE should be site based to collaborate with the main contractor and sub-contractor
• RE should have the design skills to coordinate and resolve design issues in agreement with the contractors
• Agree design duties with your Lead Engineer
• Review Tech Subs, answer RFI’s and assist the contractors with detailed design and site coordination
• Review contractors’ installation drawings
• Ensure contractors design and installation is compliant with ER’s and HPF Specification and Workmanship Standards and British Standards
• Carry out site snagging, witness testing and commissioning in collaboration with the contractors
• Liaise with the design team to co-ordinate detailed designs and agree manufacturers and samples
• Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business
• Help develop good working practices in the Company
• Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects
• Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM and other Health and Safety regulations
Additional Duties Whilst on Site:
• Monitor the mechanical, electrical and public health installations for compliance with the contract documents and issue deviation reports
• Prepare monthly reports on the quality and progress of the works
• Through close liaison with the main and sub-contractors ascertain that the various installations are co-ordinated
• Regularly review programmes with sub-contractors to ensure that they are as forward planning as appropriate
• Attend meetings as required by the Lead Engineer
• Witness test/ commission the installations and equipment as required by the Lead Engineer
• Issue site instructions as directed by the Lead Engineer
• Maintain up to date sets of installation drawings, specifications, programmes, etc for ready reference on site
• Process requests for information promptly
Experience and Qualifications
• Membership of a professional engineering body
• CSCS cardholder
• Minimum 5 years site experience
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of statutory legislation and standards
For more information regarding the above role, please email Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 065 7276
Apply for Resident Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly