Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer to support planned expansion of their MEP team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business at an expansion stage and help develop the direction of their company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and develop with the growth and success of the firm.
It is an exciting time to be joining this particular consultancy!
They are an innovative, forward thinking building services consultancy, specialising in providing inspiring design, expert witness and advisory services to a wide range of sectors including transport (in particular rail design), residential, industrial, commercial, healthcare, education and retail.
They work closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high quality service for their clients. Working alongside the Directors’, you will be facing clients, responding to their clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications, undertaking site inspections and overseeing testing and commissioning activities, following all health and safety, QA and environmental policies and procedures.
We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering.
- Understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Relux), AutoCAD and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
- Ability to mentor and supervise graduates/junior members of staff.
- Appreciation of contract administration and project management.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients.
- Supporting Directors’ in financial control of project(s), resource management and business development.
- Responsible for quality of our outputs.
- Previous consultancy experience of a minimum of 5 years (for Senior role) or 7 years (for Principal role).
- Chartered engineer or working towards.
We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary with benefits,
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients,
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation,
- Opportunity to lead electrical discipline on projects and overall project leadership if desired,
- Opportunities for career progression,
& most notably:
- Collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.