Electrical Contracts Manager - Maintenance
6-month contract - £29 per hour - Local Authority - Nottinghamshire - IR35 INSCOPE (CIS available)
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire who require an Electrical Contracts Manager on a 6-month contract.
Your new role
You will be responsible for setting up Electrical Corporate Contracts with Electrical Contractors who will be responsible for the electrical maintenance across a number of properties on the Local Authorities portfolio. Once appointment you will then be responsible for the day-to-day management of the contractors, ensuring sufficient standards of work, compliance, creating scopes of work and the development of procedures regarding electrical works. As this Local Authority are starting from the ground up, you will initially carry out M&E Surveys to find out where your starting point is regarding compliance and what upgrade / replacement priorities there are. Whilst you will be responsible for the Electrical contracts, you will be working closely with the Mechanical Contracts Manager with some crossover of managing both Electrical and Mechanical contractors / maintenance works.
What you'll need to succeed
* M&E maintenance background with a sound technical knowledge / ability.
* Experience procuring and appointing Electrical contractors for maintenance works.
* Experience creating scopes of work and managing contractors on a day-to-day basis.
* Good understanding of Electrical compliance in a Local Authority environment.
* Able to carry out M&E surveys.
* Able to develop and adapt procedures for Electrical maintenance works that are fit for purpose
What you'll get in return
* £29 per hour working 37 hours per week. (PAYE rates slightly lower)
* Business mileage covered at 44ppm.
* 6-month contract rolling contract with the potential of a permanent opening at the end of the contract.
* Flexible working + Working from home with a work laptop.
* Office opening hours 07:00 - 20:45 with no core hours.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
Please note - this role is an IN-SCOPE role meaning payments cannot be made to a Limited Company
What you need to do now
If you would like to apply for this role please click 'Apply Now' and attach the most up to date copy of your CV. For more information, please call James Jarvis on 0116 253 8097.
Apply for Electrical Contracts Manager - Maintenance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly