We are seeking a senior individual to manage and lead the further development of our building services team in Belfast, working in close collaboration with our wider teams across Ireland, Scotland, other offices in the UK and globally, through our well-established practice network. With a strong background and pedigree in building services engineering design, the candidate will possess a good reputation in the local market with a customer facing business development focus along with commercial management, leadership and technical competences.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and further grow/develop our established building services team based in Belfast.
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of those staff, including their career development
- Provide strong and enthusiastic technical leadership of the team’s projects.
- Support the seamless integration of the work of all other building disciplines at project level (C&S, environmental, facades, fire engineering, etc).
- Oversee successful delivery of projects commercially, directing their progress as necessary.
- Encouraging and ensuring that the team provides our clients with leading edge design solutions and an exemplary level of service.
- Drive quality, technical excellence including design reviews and technical excellence throughout the team
- Ensure that corporate governance and processes are fully understood by all and adhered to.
- Grow net revenue, expanding into profitable markets
Candidate Specification :
- Extensive post graduate experience in building services within the built environment
- Relevant Mechanical or Electrical engineering degree with Chartered status
- Experience and willingness to act as a Project Director and remain hands on in that sense whilst being an example to others
- Ultimately, we deliver engineering solutions, so we are looking for a candidate who is an accomplished design engineer who will quickly achieve the respect of the team and inspire them to deliver technical excellence
- Demonstrated ability to lead a building services team, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills
- Proven track record in bidding and work winning and developing client relationships
- A knowledge of the local market and pre-existing contacts is preferred but not essential.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.