Electrical Contracts Manager - Maintenance
6-month contract - £29 per hour - Local Authority - Nottinghamshire - IR35 INSCOPE (CIS available)
Your new company
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire who require an Electrical Contracts Manager on a 6-month contract.
Your new role
You will be responsible for setting up Corporate contracts with Electrical Contractors who will be responsible for the electrical maintenance across several properties on the Local Authorities portfolio. Once appointed you will then be responsible for the day-to-day management of the contractors, ensuring sufficient standards of work, compliance, creating scopes of work and the development of procedures regarding electrical works.
As this Local Authority are starting from the ground up, you will initially carry out M&E Surveys to find out where your starting point, to then be able to make recommendations on what upgrade / replacement priorities there are.
Whilst you will be responsible for the Electrical contracts, you will be working closely with the Mechanical Contracts Manager with some crossover of managing both Electrical and Mechanical contractors / maintenance works.
What you'll need to succeed
- M&E Maintenance / FM background with a sound Electrical technical knowledge / ability.
- Experience procuring and appointing Electrical contractors for maintenance works.
- Experience creating scopes of work and managing contractors on a day-to-day basis.
- Good understanding of Electrical compliance across corporate buildings.
- Able to carry out M&E surveys.
- Able to develop and adapt procedures for Electrical maintenance works that are fit for purpose.
What you'll get in return
- £29 per hour working 37 hours per week. (PAYE rates slightly lower)
- Business mileage covered at 44ppm.
- 6-month contract rolling contract with the potential of a permanent opening at the end of the contract.
- Flexible working + work laptop.
- Office opening hours 07:00 - 20:45 with no core hours.
Please note - this role is an IN-SCOPE role meaning payments cannot be made to a Limited Company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Electrical Contracts Manager - Maintenance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly