Building Physics Engineer
Building Physics Engineer - To £45K London
With over 40% of the worlds global Co2 emissions coming from existing buildings, as a Building Physics Engineer you can really influence if the UK will be able to achieve net-zero carbon by 2030.
Established in the UK over 20 years ago, this multi-disciplinary consultancy offers a true turn solution to their clients and offer Sustainability, Environmental Engineering, Architecture, Civil and Structural MEP Design, Fire Strategy and Building Surveying services. This means that the majority of the work they secure is part of a "multi-disciplinary" bid and that you'll be working on projects with other inhouse disciplines, and working towards a common goal.
- Model buildings for greater building performance, not just for compliance.
- Produce Energy Strategies for planning applications (GLA), carrying out Part L compliance assessments using IES or SAP.
- Assist with predicting and calculating a buildings heating or cooling loads.
- Model in use energy / operational energy within buildings, trying to limit the energy performance gap.
- Educate clients and architects on passive design, daylighting, façade performance, solar shading, sustainability strategies and energy technologies.
- Educate clients on what they need to do to comply with what's required by 2030 and 2050.
- Carry out a LCA / LCC on new buildings and ensuring they meet the BREEAM / GLA requirements.
Essential requirements / experience
- Degree qualified in a suitable field such as Building Services, Mechanical Engineering, Energy, Sustainability or Architectural Engineering.
- 3+ years' experience as a Building Physics Engineer.
- Good awareness of passive design, LZC technologies and building sciences (Ie Building Physics).
- Experience across both development (New builds) and operations (existing buildings) and able to make recommendations to reduce a buildings operational energy.
- Good awareness of embodied carbon, whole life carbon analysis or life cycle carbon costing.
- Good awareness of CIBSE TM54, CIBSE TM52 and CIBSE TM59.
For a confidential chat please phone me directly on zero seven five nine five, zero seven one, three zero three or message me directly on LinkedIn.
Please note all applications or inquiries will receive a response.
Apply for Building Physics Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly