Quantity Surveyor - M&E
Quantity Surveyor - M&E Bias for a WFH opportunity with a well known FM & Building Services contractor.
Your new company
Our client is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices.
Your new role
The role would be ideal for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is focused on MEP works. Electrical Mechanical, electrical, AC, fire and engineering. Overseeing projects, governance, and commerce negotiations. Support ops and internal teams, division management and finance reporting.
Would will be responsible for:
- Ensure and support the maintenance of policies of governance, commercial robustness, transparency
- Ensure and support synergy between business units and regions
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications and invoices for payment so as to maintain a positive cash flow on each project.
- Price and agree variations to contract in accordance with the contract conditions and to the maximum benefit of the project.
- Identify and secure any loss and expense entitlement.
- Provide support to the team in preparation of budgets, cash flow schedules and overhead reviews including monthly reports against budget.
- Negotiate and review terms with clients and third parties and support the tender and negotiation of works and orders with sales, pre-construction, operations and finance teams
- To produce subcontractor enquiry documentation and issue for pricing, to undertake assessment of commercial aspects of tender returns and obtain technical appraisal in order to produce recommendation for appointment.
- Compile sub contract order documentation for issue and endorsement.
- Maintain and forecast sub contractor accounts on a rolling basis, to measure value and agree variations to the sub contract sum and assess any claims for additional costs due to prolongation & or loss expense claims.
- To manage the general supply chain proactively throughout the project life cycle.
- Forge relationships with counterparts in clients, consultants and end users.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and/or revised to ensure quality levels are maintained to the required standard.
- Initiate and carry out audits and inspections of project related supply chain agreements.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Operations Team on all project related commercial matters.
- Recognise own training requirements and support ongoing development of junior commercial colleagues.
- Role will be home, site & office based, main area of operations will be in the UK
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of the full life cycle of a number of Construction projects, involving the commercial management of the project and the staff / operatives working on it.
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
What you get in return :
You will be working for a global business with a solid, diversified client base. There is a salary between 30-40K and an electrical vehicle. You will be working from home on an agile basis with projects across the South, Midlands and North.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.