NI Operations Manager (M&E)
Senior manager required to oversee a team of service and project engineers across Northern Ireland.
Your new company
Our client is one of the UK and Ireland's largest specialist engineering services providers and suppliers to the construction, maintenance and industrial sectors. Within the engineering sector they install and maintain specialist pipework and equipment and are a major supplier of specialist materials and installation equipment to a wide range of industries.
Your new role
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Management of maintenance and operation activities on company owned assets in compliance with legislative and contractual specifications and to agreed budgets (c. £3m). Portfolio of equipment includes VIEs, carbon steel CO2 vessels, onsite Nitrogen generation plants and bespoke high pressure Customer installations at various sites in your assigned area of responsibility.
- Co-ordination of 3rd party maintenance contracts at Healthcare and Industrial customer facilities @ c.40 sites throughout NI.
- Management of project activity in your assign area of responsibility, through your team of project engineer(s).
- Line management of maintenance and projects teams including training, performance management and interaction with union representatives.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Proven people management capabilities to lead the team and sub-contractors effectively and co-ordinate the response to customer needs.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Project management and execution skills to ensure delivery against key targets and timeframes.
- Capacity to prioritise customer and operational demands, manage trade-offs effectively and balance workload within capacity restraints.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- At least 8years experience in a maintenance/operations management with supervisory responsibility, ideally for field-based staff in a regulated industry
- Record of appropriate Continuous Personal Development over the above period.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline and at least 5 years relevant postgraduate experience with at least 2 in a people management role.
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience working within the projects and maintenance function of a multinational organisation.
What you'll get in return
Salary range £52,500 - £57,500
10% on target earnings bonus
Fully expensed company car
Private health care and medical scheme
25 days annual leave plus stat days
40 hours per week (currently working home/office hybrid during Covid)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for NI Operations Manager (M&E)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly