Electrical Clerk of Works
6 month rolling contract - Up to £350 per day - ASAP start - East of England
Your new company
Hays Building Services are working with an internal MEP self-delivery business who are part of a well known UK based construction group, who require an Electrical Clerk of Works to assist in the delivery of a £200M scheme on a RAF base in the East of England. The work includes extensive 11Kv power distribution network and airfield facilities.
Your new role
You will have the full responsibility for the electrical installations in respect to compliance and quality management, technical support to the asset teams, overseeing testing and commissioning of electrical systems and general health and safety services supported by the mechanical engineer and electrical biased colleagues. This role will require a hands on approach as the majority of the working day will be spent on site ensuring work is being carried out and completed correctly in order to to be signed off. You will be required to physically inspect the methods / materials being used, adherence to specifications, drawings and quality standards, whilst using a software documentation management system to record and track on site installations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the Electrical works delivered by a MEP contractors
- Management of QA systems for auditing performance and compliance
- Raising and signing off NCR's
- Review and approval of RAMS
- Provide Electrical technical support to the asset teams
- Weekly health, safety and environmental tours across assets in support of asset teams
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant industry qualifications: Trade/HNC/HND etc.
- Demonstrate experience in control of multiple Sub-contractor controlling quality performance, safety, quality
- Ability to communicate technical and none-technical information relative to audience.
- Competence in digital construction methods, DALUX or equivalent, View4 Projects
- Competence / computer skills are necessary in using systems, as is the ability to liaise with clients team to fulfil acceptance of our work.
- Minimum of SSSTS or equivalent levels of SHE qualification
- Experience in safe control of Electrical Systems. Satisfies Base Security access pass requirements.
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start
- Up to £350 per day (PAYE rates slightly less)
- Fixed term contract. Oct 20 to March 21, with possible extension. (Project end date March 2022)
During your placement you will have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance. Access to a Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.