Junior Mechanical Estimator
Junior Mechanical Estimator - £25,000 - 35,000 Northampton - Building Services (HVAC)
Your new company
A medium sized Mechanical Contractor based in Northampton are looking for a Junior Mechanical Estimator to join their estimating department and assist with producing tenders and securing future workload for the company.
The company offers a mechanical and electrical design and install service for construction projects in all major sectors. Working with local authority and main contractors.
Your new role
- You will support the current Estimator and assist with tenders for commercial and industrial HVAC projects ranging from £500k - £5million in value.
- You will be required to interpret mechanical drawings and perform a 'take off of materials' in order to estimate a price for the project.
- Basic mechanical design experience / knowledge of regulations required to make design alterations and identify errors and missing equipment / parts.
- This is a hands-on role with a responsibility for the production of mechanical tenders for both pre-designed and design & construct projects.
- The role is to breakdown client enquiries, organise or complete the required surveys and prepare detailed Mechanical estimates, tenders and quotations to ensure that opportunities are being accurately estimated competitively, successfully and profitably.
- You will support the Business in client meetings and estimation/tender presentations to help secure tendered opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- From a hands on background as a mechanical fitter, plumber, engineer etc.
- Desire to move into an office based estimating role
- Mechanical design experience would be preferable (design & build projects)
- The ability to plan workload for themselves with others to ensure delivery to client deadlines
What you'll get in return
- £25,000 - 35,000
- Company pension
- 22 days holiday
- Company bonus scheme
- Excellent training and room for progression
For more information, please call Ben Fox 0116 253 8097