Chartered Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal / Associate Design Engineer (HVAC / Building Services) £50-65k + Car + flexible working / from home
Your new company
A large multidisciplinary construction consultancy in Nottingham has an exciting new permanent vacancy for an Principal / Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team of Surveyors and Engineers.
The current M&E team is rapidly expanding and continues to succeed securing prominent national frameworks - working both in the private and public sector with many other blue chip clients. As a result, there are opportunities to progress quickly within a vibrant and successful team environment.
Your new role
You will be actively involved in assisting in the delivery of the following services:
- Design services for Mechanical projects up to £2.5m in value (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
- Preparation of performance specifications and drawings
- Evaluation of contractors design proposals
- Quality monitoring / site installation inspections
- Condition Surveys and strategic life cycle appraisals.
Working with a diverse range of clients - retail, education, commercial, leisure and health, for example - you will have the opportunity to be part of the team on a number of exciting projects
What you'll need to succeed
- They are looking to recruit enthusiastic Engineers who are, ideally, degree qualified (HNC/HND acceptable) and have a passion for Building Services.
- Candidates must have a desire to work towards full Professional membership with support from our existing qualified staff.
- Experience working in a similar surveying / design consultancy practice, but candidates with experience with Building Services contractors will be considered.
- You should be familiar with AutoCAD and Hevacomp
What you'll get in return
- Salary £50,000 - 65,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- 24 days holiday
- Company Pension Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Support to become a chartered engineer
- Further education support
- Flexible working
- Work from home / remote working (occasional)
For more information please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097