MU Design Engineer - Utilities
7 days left
- Full Time
Multi Utility design Engineer - Gas/water/ electrical pipelines
JOB TITLE MU Design Engineer
SALARY: Up to £40 000
Founded in 2006, Matrix Networks has seen huge year on year growth and more than a decade later, are operating out of three UK offices. They are responsible for the Infrastructure Installations for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They are currently about to embark on an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking or the right people to be part of their future. As a MU Design Engineer you will be responsible for (XXX)
Your new role
As a Multi Utility design engineer ( electrical bias)you will be based out of the Northampton office
You will be working on a wide variety of projects across the water , electrical and gas utility industry ( initially mainly Electrical)
What you'll need to succeed
1. Qualifications - Preferable.
* Technically qualified with an HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a relevant qualification in Construction.
* S/NVQ Level 3 in Network Mains Design/CABWI Level 3 - Diploma - Designing Water Networks.
*Registered or working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer Status.
* Qualification in technical drawing.
* Certificated in Health and Safety Awareness.
2. Experience - Preferable
* Experience of working on a portfolio of projects in the construction or utility industries.
* Experience of liaising directly with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Experience of dealing directly with clients and also clients subcontract staff.
* Experience of substation civil designs including liaison with architects and asset owners.
* Experience of working closely with all gas, water and electrical asset owners nationwide.
* Experienced in design work on all electrical voltages from 400V up to 11kV.
3. Skills and expertise - essential
* Detailed knowledge of industry network design standards.
* Adequate knowledge of regulatory aspects.
* Working knowledge of all operational plant and equipment used or installed on site.
* Knowledge of Construction Health and Safety and its practical implications.
* Knowledge and experience of working within the current CDM regulations.
- Autocad skills producing straight line diagrams
What you'll get in return
There is a generous salary and benefits on offer. The Job is based in Northampton but with Home working and site visits to the south. There is a company car or car allowance included in the package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now for a confidential discussion .
Apply for MU Design Engineer - Utilities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly