Estates Officer (Maintenance)
A public body with a vast and unique estate have an immediate need for an estates maintenance professional.
Your new company
Our client is a public body who have a vast estate located across Northern Ireland. This organisations estate consists of modern and historic buildings, rural land, industrial warehouses and public buildings and facilities.
Your new role
This is a full time temporary position for an anticipated duration of 9 months, potentially longer.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be required to:
- Assist with the pre-planned and reactive maintenance works programme, specifically working with CPD to join their existing PPM/RM framework for contracts and also prepare for individually tendering others.
- Review maintenance compliance and ensure a schedule and necessary testing regime is put together for all compliance testing and any resulting remedial works.
- Organise maintenance works to be carried out either through CPDs Help Desk or through mini procurement exercises.
- Assist with capital projects planning and delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
A third level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject AND 2 year's experience of managing planned and reactive maintenance programmes and statutory compliance OR in the absence of a 3rd level qualification, 4 years' experience of managing planned and reactive maintenance programmes and statutory compliance.
- Experience of creating and writing planned maintenance programmes.
- Experience of supervising maintenance on site and liaising with external contractors.
- Experience of writing specifications for work related to projects.
- Experience of preparing surveys and drawings including use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages.
- M&E background and strong Facilities Management experience running FM planned and reactive maintenance contracts for multiple site operations.
- Qualifications degree/HND level in related discipline.
- Ideally BIFM qualification/membership
- Ideally, have experience of working with CPD
- Valid UK driving licence with access to vehicle
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to work with a highly professional client side team, giving you the chance to gain further experience in the environment where you will be able to build on your skills. Salary range is £30,000 - £40,000 pro rata, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and 37 days annual leave pro rata. You will be paid weekly via BACS transfer and all business mileage will be reimbursed at 45p per mile.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Estates Officer (Maintenance)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly