Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Engineer - Water - Utilities - Amp7
Your new company
Our client is a fantastic engineering, design consultancy that work on diverse projects across the UK. They are looking to appoint Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Mechanical, Electrical and Process ( MEP ) team. Our client has a number of project across the utilities sector including both Clean Water and Wastewater. This role can be based out of any of their offices across the UK including; Warrington, Birmingham or Bristol.
Your new role
The main purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects across the UK and project lifecycles: Feasibility Studies, Front-End to Detailed Design; including Design, Build and Construction Support.
* Plant and infrastructure surveys and assessments, using cutting-edge technologies and techniques as appropriate
* Feasibility, outline and detailed mechanical design, research and development work including equipment specifications, plant schedules, access, lifting and maintenance strategies, technical risk assessments, control philosophies, process flow diagrams, P&IDs and commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations * Plant specifications; supplier equipment assessment and evaluation
* Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle
* Liaison with clients within the UK and worldwide.
* Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans
* Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Sewers for Adoption, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance
* Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond
* Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects
* Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients
* Support and/or deliver technical and 'expert witness' investigations and appraisals
* Ownership of specific skill areas or activities within our technical knowledge networks; contributing to technical network activities, to broaden your and our skills, experience and technical reputation
* Supporting and mentoring less experienced colleagues
* Working with and developing design tools such as system curve calculations, hydraulic calculations, automated design tools, standardised or packaged plant designs
What you'll need to succeed
You will be degree-qualified and ideally chartered, you will have the right blend of management skills, personal qualities and technical expertise to bring our client's solutions and projects to life. You will be positive and enthusiastic, a confident communicator at all levels, and a team player. You will have spent a high proportion of your career in the water industry and in positions of responsibility, and have a solid understand of the investment process (strategy, need, feasibility, design, realise, manage) as it relates to water utility projects. You will encourage and motivate those around you to work to your own high standards of quality and compliance. Using your own and our technical knowledge networks you will both educate and learn from those around you. You will be happy to stretch yourself and work outside of your comfort zone when the need arises.
Additional role requirement include:
* Computer-literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum * Broad experience within the water and/or wastewater engineering sector
* Ability to provide a customer-focused service with a sound understanding of the water sector regulatory framework
* Understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; an interest in developing and/or exploiting new and emerging technologies and techniques
* Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard
* A well-developed understanding of the design process
* An ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines, locations and stakeholders
What you'll get in return
Our client offers a comprehensive and competitive salary and excellent benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly