Electrical Building Services Engineer
Electrical Engineer - East Mids - Local Authority - £30 to £37 p/h - Immediate start - 3 month rolling contract
Your new company
A public sector organisation who are based within the East Midlands are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer on a temporary contract. This local authority has over 200+ commercial properties on their portfolio, mainly compromising of schools, care homes, leisure centres and other public buildings.
Your new role
You will be responsible for providing electrical services technical expertise in relation to a number of departments such as planned & reactive maintenance, small capital works and adaptations. Your role will encompass a number of duties including carrying out condition surveys and reports, and producing estimates, specifications, project management, drawings and work schedules for tendering purposes. This organisations typical Electrical services include fire risk assessment items (smoke detectors, emergency lighting etc), CCTV and intruder alarms.
Due to the current situation, the majority of your time will be spent working from home however the main office is open for employees to safely work at. Furthermore, you will be spending of your time out on site carrying out surveys, contractor meetings, client meetings etc. The main emphasis of the role is to ensure effective management of minor electrical service installations. alongside carrying out design duties.
What you'll need to succeed
- Electrical Building Services qualifications (HNC/HND)
- Experience working on planned & reactive maintenance and minor works.
- Strong Electrical technical ability and knowledge.
- Ability to showcase that you are able to complete a project from conception to completion to a high standard.
- Previous experience working with an organisation with a large estate.
- Ability to use design packages such as Amtech and AutoCAD with a strong Electrical Design background.
What you'll get in return
- Immediate start
- 3-month rolling contract
- Competitive rates ranging paying up to £37 per hour (PAYE rate slightly lower).
- 45ppm Business mileage.
- Flexible working + Work from home.
A personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. For more information about the role, or for a confidential discussion about what you are looking for, please contact me on the details below.
Apply for Electrical Building Services Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly