Contracts Surveyor | Civil's & Surfacing | London & South East
Your new company
My client is an established name in the asphalt surfacing industry and continues to be recognised as one of the highest quality contractors in the UK.
They work with a variety of specialist products including resin bound and bonded surfaces that they install into schools, colleges, commercial developments, retail and residential businesses.
If you are looking to work in an exciting, extremely varied and fast paced environment, working for a business that is a recognised expert in installing sports surfaces to a variety of sports facilities that are recognised by 'Sport England' for high quality standards - this is an ideal opportunities to progress your career.
Your new role
Within this role you will be allocated Contracts to check specifications, create risk assessments and method statements, place orders, advise on required resources, submit valuations and negotiate final accounts, all under supervision of the Contracts Manager.
Other elements to the role include:
* Communicating with clients to ensure smooth completion of works
* Assisting in negotiations of additional works
* Supervision of gang/foremen and overseeing of contracts, carrying out and recording of risk assessments of work activities on site
* Submission of monthly accounts for every contract each month and chasing and agreeing account differences and final accounts
* Identify potential opportunities & issues with contracts and raise them with ideas to capitalise or resolutions
* Basic knowledge of common materials and subcontract services we use, including in what situation they are suitable and approximate rates
* Measure drawings and areas on site for material requirements and account purposes
* Efficiently manage your time between visiting site early, placing orders, organising subcontractors, running sites, timely submission of accounts and efficient dispute resolution
What you'll need to succeed
Full driving licence
Excellent relationship building skills with ability to interact at all levels
Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Google
Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines accurately whilst working under pressure
Previous experience within the Civil's & Surfacing sectors would be advantageous
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.