Senior Energy Management Consultant (equiv. to Principal)
Concept Energy Solutions comprises three teams: Technical Services, Bureau and Consultancy which provide energy services to our wide client base.
The Consultancy team is responsible for the delivery of Advisory, Compliance and Energy Management services.
As we seek to grow our business, particularly in the Contract Energy Management sector we are looking for a Senior Energy Management Consultant to join our team.
The role will be home based, with a preference for a candidate located in the East Midlands or Bedfordshire / Cambridgeshire region to provide geographic coverage to the Eastern side of the country. You will be used to working remotely from the office and have a proven record of delivering projects with minimal input from others.
You will assist our existing clients in managing and reducing their energy consumption by developing a detailed understanding of their buildings and processes to highlight where energy is used. Your background may be in building controls, process engineering or consultancy. You will need to have an excellent proven record of client engagement, report writing and technical problem solving.
You will have a good understanding of building services, building management systems, energy management principles and low carbon technologies. You will use these skills to undertake Energy Audits and site surveys to identify wastage or efficiency improvements. You will submit formal reports to the client, showing where savings can be made with justifications for your findings and calculations of likely costs and savings. As such, you will be expected to write reports, chair meetings and present on a regular basis.
It should be noted that Concept works as an independent consultancy and does not have ties to any manufacturers or installers. With the exception of sub-metering system installations, we do not undertake project delivery.
You will also be expected to grow this area of the business by taking responsibility for account management and through the undertaking of business development activities.
- Undertake energy audits in a range of commercial and industrial buildings
- Undertake site surveys to identify energy savings opportunities
- Prepare reports of findings, including life cycle cost analysis and savings calculations
- Undertake analysis of data from a wide variety of metering systems, including sub-meters, building management systems and data loggers.
- Develop Energy Management strategies of clients, including within the ISO 50001 framework.
- Undertake energy related statutory compliance reviews (including ESOS, SECR, TM44 and DECs)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly energy reports
- Build long lasting relationships with key client stakeholders
Skills, knowledge and expertise:
- You will be highly proficient in data analysis and the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Good presentation skills
- Proven ability to set and work to deadlines and budgets
- Ability to work independently, but act as a team member
- Numerate with a methodical mindset
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering or a Mathematical science, (Building Services or Energy Engineering preferable)
- Experience of energy and building performance data analysis
- Experience of energy auditing, and preparing energy audit reports
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment, to deadlines and a fixed budget
- Current UK driving license
Preferred qualifications and knowledge:
- If not already chartered, you should be working towards chartered membership of a relevant professional body (Energy Institute, AEE, CIBSE)
- ESOS lead assessor qualification is highly desirable
- CMVP or CEM status
- Experience of Microsoft PowerBI and Python programming would be highly advantageous
- Understanding of IPMVP and ISO 50001
- Understanding of Climate Change Agreements
We are open to applicants who wish to work on a flexible, part time or zero-hours contract basis.
We will not entertain applications from agencies