Senior Sustainability Engineer
As one of the leading low energy and MEP design consultancies, you'll become a key part of the building performance engineering team and work on £5 - £50M projects.
Supported by the Chartered Sustainability Director and Chartered Sustainability Associate; you'll develop a very holistic understanding of building sciences and building services.
You'll enjoy a diverse role consisting of building physics, Passivhaus, thermal and energy modelling, climate-based daylighting modelling, sunlight analysis, thermal comfort studies, indoor air quality studies, net zero energy building design and innovative energy strategies.
You'll take a holistic approach and ensure the buildings you model, achieve greater building performance and promote best practice low carbon design.
- CIBSE Approved Training and Development program
- 25 days leave + 3 additional days for Xmas + 8 Bank Holidays.
- 8% employer pension
- 5 hour working week with flexible hours and the option of a 9-day fortnight.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Ensuring Sustainability is integrated with the MEP design.
- Liaising with clients and helping them achieve their sustainability aspirations.
- Able to apply Passivhaus methods to large scale, education, hotel or mixed-use developments.
- Prepare Sustainability Statement and energy strategies to support planning applications.
- Assist with Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) to calculate embodied carbon assessments.
- Use BREEAM, WELL, LEED or Greenstar environmental rating tools.
- Carry our R&D work in order to develop new workstreams or tools.
Carry out Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE) and seek to close the energy performance gap.
- Remain active in sustainability initiatives such as LETI, EPG or NLA.
- Attend regular CPD's and work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Sustainability, Architecture or Energy Engineering.
- At least three years' experience in a similar role.
- Able to use IESVe, PHPP and Revit.