Building Physics Engineer
Intermediate Building Physics Engineer - To £38K
Reporting to a Chartered Building Physics Associate who also initially started here as an Intermediate you'll use your expert IES skills to help model a variety of complex buildings. You'll get involved in projects from feasibility to post occupancy evaluations and use a range of software such as IESVe, ApacheHVAC and Revit to model low and zero carbon developments across the UK.
You'll work in a team of nine Sustainability and Environmental Engineers and benefit from their CIBSE Approved Training and Development program and their great work life balance. You'll get involved in new build and complex refurbishment projects across the commercial office, healthcare, education, mixed-use, leisure, residential and custodial sectors.
You'll enjoy working in a diverse team consisting of energy engineers, architects, environmental engineers and Building Services Design Engineers for a company that genuinely cares about their employees.
As one of the UK's largest and oldest, Building Services Consultancies they can offer you job security, quick progression and a great working environment and culture.
- 23 days holiday, 5% Pension, 4 x Life Assurance, Private medical insurance, Subsidised gym membership, 35 hour working week.
- Interest free season ticket loan or Ride2Work scheme
- Weekly social and health and well-being activities (even throughout lockdown).
- Undertaking Dynamic Thermal Modelling using IESVE software for greater Building Performance and for compliance.
- Promote the use of low or zero carbon building design and produce feasibility studies.
- Promote the use of Passivhaus, Well, Nabers or BREEAM methods within buildings.
- Prepare energy assessments that follow the GLA / London Plan.
- Champion and promote best practice building design
- Attend both technical and non-technical CPD.
- Liaise with the M&E Design Engineers and ensure their designs use both passive and mechanical ventilation systems.
- Also use IESVE for indoor comfort analysis, Part L assessments and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), mainly level 4 or 5 buildings.
- Expert IES skills ideally with some experience in ApacheSim or ApacheHVAC.
- Good awareness of design for performance, net zero carbon and the London Plan.
- Good understanding of building services.
- Willingness to attend site visits and team meetings in London a few times a week.
To apply to this Job #2818 just click here, send me a message via LinkedIn or apply via the Human Capital Solutions website.
Apply for Building Physics Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly