Maintenance Manager - compliance
Maintenance manager/ Facilities with strong technical compliance for Local Authority
A large rural local authority with own Housing Stock in Mid Wales are looking for someone with a maintenance background who understands statutory compliance.
Purpose of Role
To support in the management of technical compliance (Housing and Facilities Management)
Technical compliance encompasses:
* Legal compliance (with regard to Technical Statutory Requirements and Regulations)
* Technical Mechanical, Electrical, Water, F-Gas, Gas, Asbestos, and Fabric compliance
* Contractual compliance (ensure contractual obligations are met)
* To schedule Planned Preventative Maintenance and Cyclical Maintenance activities with Supply Chain and ensure works are booked in in a timely fashion and paperwork received on time
* Ensure the Supply Chain (internal and external) is qualified and well-managed at all times in order that it can deliver the technical services required to facilitate technical compliance. Directly manage operatives if required.
* To administer IT systems and review compliance data daily to ensure all compliance deadlines are met
* To support Compliance Managers with desk or site-based audits of Compliance paperwork
* To undertake project work on a "task and finish" basis under the direction of a Compliance Manager
* Pro-actively work with Compliance Manager to reduce risk, and effect change leading to continual improvement
* Ensure up-to-date with technical compliance knowledge and impart to key stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
* Good standard of education, ideally HNC / HND / or Degree
* Proven technical ( building) compliance experience
* Able to communicate, advise, negotiate and influence to Head of Level
* experience within a facilities management /maintenance contract.
This role is inside IR 35 so it is PAYE or Umbrella
This is an immediate start on a temporary basis
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.