Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer
Our client is a highly regarded, successful and expanding privately owned multi-disciplinary consultancy specialising in sustainable, innovative, and practical building services design solutions across mechanical / electrical engineering and surveying.
Experts within the environmental services sector , this boutique consultant has an impressive client portfolio advising on a wide range of projects across commercial offices, data centres, industrial / logistics, heritage and healthcare .
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen at Senior Engineer level to work with the Director and other senior members the team to continue to develop the company. Ideally following strong performance this role will quickly evolve into a Principal designation within 6-12 month period and succession planning for further progression thereafter .
There is a significant amount of work on currently and this looks set to continue throughout the year. Ideally you will bring strong technical competency, commerciality and personality to the company and contribute to it’s high levels of standards and onward growth over the coming years .
Key Objectives / Responsibilities of the Job:
- Lead the junior engineers and engineers in design calculations for Mechanical / Electrical equipment including, but not limited to, CIBSE Heat Gain/Loss, Pipe/Duct Sizing, Daylight Calculations and Ventilation Calculations
- Take the lead in the design and delivery of all projects from start to completion
- Lead the design development of projects, offer advice and problem solving
- Undertaking a range of surveys, condition surveys, feasibility studies& dilapidations
- Analysis and understanding results of dynamic simulations of buildings to predict energy usage and to see the viability of different strategies of heating, cooling and ventilating a building and deliver best design solutions
- Writing reports & specifications
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure coordinated design
- Leading the M&E design within the design team be active in promoting M&E elements
- Attending site / design meetings
- Attending snagging surveys to ensure the design is installed correctly and follows the design specification
- Proof reading GBD outputs, specifications drawings etc. ensuring GBD standards
- Keeping GBD ISO documentation up to date
- Monitor and manage project resources and project costs
- Assisting in internal design reviews
- Mentoring and developing younger engineers
- Supporting the directors by offering advice on technical and management issues
- Client management and developing new clients
- Complete timesheets, (including expenses) promptly and accurately to ensure invoices going to the Client contains accurate information
- Carrying out required Health and Safety requirements to meet with legal requirements
- Carrying out required Environmental requirements, adhering ISO 14001 standards
- Carrying out required Quality requirements as requested, adhering ISO 9001 standards
- Any other roles and duties as deemed appropriate by the Senior Management Team
Please contact retained recruitment partner, Palmeira Search Ltd for further information. Applications and CV’s are to be submitted to:
email@example.com | DD: 01273 862340 | M:07983 668045