Senior Technical Manager
Are you a building services engineer with residential design experience?
Do you have advanced knowledge of energy strategies and building physics?
Are you meticulous with the ability to analyse and present complex numerical and qualitative information?
If so, you may be interested in our opening for a Senior Technical Manager within our Development Team on a full time, permanent basis. Ostensibly based in Farringdon with modern new ways of working.
You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a growing and forward-thinking organisation that is financially strong with a strategic commitment to its development programme offering stability during these unprecedented times.
As the Senior Technical Manager, you’ll provide a comprehensive internal advisory service influencing at all stages of the development process. You’ll be a key part of the expert client team that critically appraises designs and proposes viable enhancements that optimise value and mitigate risks. Key priorities for us include; implementing BIM where we are amongst the housing sectors leaders and accelerating the delivery of low carbon homes and this role will play a key part in implementing positive step change.
Some of your duties will involve innovation, creating, maintaining, and continually improving our processes and procedures, our standard design and technical documents for deployment across the programme.
You’ll be able to exercise your professional judgement and have significant client-side decision making responsibilities and shall deputise for the Head of Quality and Design as needed.
Though you’ll be contractually based at our Farringdon office, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. You’ll also be expected to work across our sites, so you’ll need to be able to travel independently as and when required. The 35 hours per week will be worked Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
What we need from you
- Experience designing MEP and devising energy strategies with England and Wales residential sector (social housing experience advantageous).
- A qualification in Building Services engineering (equivalent experience considered)
- A sound understanding of the design process, project technical requirements and overall development process
- Advanced knowledge of building services, building components and building physics
- Ability to produce, analyse and present complex information, as well as numerical and qualitative data
- Strong IT literacy
- Positive attitude to problem solving.
- Effective communication and leadership skills
What we’ll offer you
- The chance to make a difference by delivering affordable housing in a more sustainable way
- A salary of circa £60,000 per year (negotiable - depending on skills/experience)
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days bonus!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
To apply: Please follow the link in this advert or send your CV and a covering letter to us at: email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th March 2021