Principal Mechanical Engineer
Bouygues E&S Contracting is recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to work within a small team, delivering technical services at bid, design, installation and commissioning phases. The role will be focused on the management of design and technical support services to data centres and other mission critical projects.
Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Delivery of designs in line with health and safety requirements.
- Full accountability for the design of mechanical services for data centre and other mission critical projects.
- Management of mechanical designers including review and approval of designs.
- Lead co-ordination of construction, mechanical and electrical design at all stages of the project lifecycle, including input from clients, internal / external designers, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning agents.
- Lead regular design meetings with project team and provide effective communication and change management.
- Provide support to the technical strategy at bid and pre-construction phase.
- Provide engineering support to site teams, providing specialist design input to proactively resolve problems and support installation works to programme requirements.
- Provide engineering support to maintain technical audit trail through design, procurement, installation and commissioning stages.
- Successful project delivery with high quality design deliverables completed on time and on budget.
- Maintain audit trail to demonstrate design review process and design acceptance by internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepted as the design lead within the project teams.
- Effectively resolve installation and commissioning challenges.
Who we are looking for:
- Recognised qualification in mechanical / building services engineering. i.e. BEng / MEng or significant demonstratable experience
- Ability to design mechanical services in line with appropriate standards, guidance and client`s requirements.
- Ability to agree practical and realistic programme for delivery of design to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders and project demands.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage and communicate priorities.
- Ability to make effective decisions in consultation with projects stakeholders and use judgement to escalate decision making process.
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership to engineers and designers of all levels.
- Experience of undertaking and leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for data centres and other mission critical projects, with projects value circa £150M.
- Experience of undertaking design at all stages of project lifecycle - pre-construction, design and construction stage.
- Experience in undertaking and managing specialist design and engineering services - Sustainability & compliance (BREEAM, environmental permitting - heat, fume and noise emissions, Part L), mathematical modelling (CFD, FEA, etc) and services supports design.
- Experience delivering and management of design in line with RIBA plan of work, BSRIA BG6 schedule of services and ISO 19650 requirement.
- Experience working with typical design and build contracts, JCT, NEC, MF1 and others.
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues E&S delivers award-winning construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial private sectors.
Bouygues E&S is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets.
With annual sales of over €32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in these challenging economic times.
Bouygues E&S is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bouygues E&S values your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details.
If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions. There is no need to include your address or contact details on your CV, because we will ask you to provide them on the application form.
More searches like this
- Building services (general) Project Management jobs in Manchester
- Electrical engineering Project Management jobs in Manchester
- Mechanical engineering Project Management jobs in Manchester
- Principal Designer Project Management jobs in Manchester
- Mid-weight designer Project Management jobs in Manchester