Mechanical Director - To £120K + Package - Birmingham
This global leader in mission critical design works on numerous complex projects with some of the largest technology and pharmaceutical clients in the world.
A pioneer in sustainable MEP design, this multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy have been designing some of the most energy efficient and innovative data centres, laboratories and science and research facilities across the world.
Building on their 25% growth in 2020, all of which were new hires rather than replacements they are now looking for a Mechanical Director/MEP Design Manager to lead their new office in Birmingham.
You'll get involved in projects from inception all the way through to construction and handover; and work collaboratively with all specialist teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to specification.
As a Director you'll remain the primary point of contact for clients, lead client and design team meetings, monitor project hours versus fees and ensure all projects utilise innovative sustainable and renewable energy options.
Perhaps more importantly, you'll be fully supported and receive mentoring support from talented leaders, and be working with friendly teams with a cooperative approach.
- Overseeing the design, design development and project management of mission critical services and installations.
- Strategic planning of workload and programming and resourcing of projects.
- Managing/Reviewing reports, feasibility studies, fee proposals, contract documents and specifications. Preparing project reports for the Board and clients.
- Managing the teams of engineers, modellers and technicians and workloads.
- Managing the coordination of deliverables on projects.
- Report M&E resource / project requirements to the board.
- Developing company strategies and methodologies.
- Proven track record leading technically complex projects.
- Effective communicator of complex issues to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Keen enthusiasm and awareness of Low Carbon and Zero Carbon building design.
- Degree qualified and preferably Chartered.
- Proven track record leading teams and leading projects.
- Active network and good reputation within the mission critical sector.