Principal or Associate Sustainability Engineer
Principal or Associate Sustainability Engineer / Consultant - £58 to £73K
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability and Environmental Design, you help champion sustainable design within the built environment on UK and international projects.
- Writing Sustainability and Energy reports to support planning applications
- Writing fee proposals, financial management of projects and invoicing
- Life Cycle Costing and Life Cycle Analysis using One Click LCA or eTool
- Low and zero carbon feasibility studies
- Promoting LZC within the built environment and helping clients understand what they need to do to achieve their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Researching emerging sustainability trends, materials, technologies or software
- Environmental strategy and reporting
- Promoting the concept of a circular economy
- Using a variety of environmental benchmarking methods such as Passivhaus, BREEAM, WELL Building Standard, LEED, Nabers or Fitwel
- Carrying out site inspections, liaising with contractors and providing advice on how they will achieve their desired certification
- Mentoring and managing a team of thermal modellers and environmental engineers
- Willing to get involved in business development & marketing
- Presenting workshops and presentations to the architects and design teams
- MEng or MSc qualified
- Expert IES skills, ideally some experience with ApacheHVAC
- Ideally a registered Low Carbon Consultant or Low Carbon Energy Assessor
- Keen interest in climate change, low and zero carbon building design and sustainable master planning.
- Previous experience in mixed-use developments, commercial offices, student accommodation or hotel projects.
- Comfortable in a client facing role.