2 days left
- Full Time
Civils Planner required for Bristol based role
Your new company
A Major contractor in the Highways UK sector is looking for experienced Planners to help with ongoing infrastructure work throughout Bristol and the South West.
Your new role
Develop and implement Planning Standards - It is important to ensure that projects are planned and programmed in a consistent way across the construction business, taking into account the needs of the clients, external constraints and internal requirements
Advise on appropriate software and systems; develop and support the development of resourced programmes across the whole business liaise as appropriate with Clients and Clients planners to ensure the integration/ acceptance of these programmes and changes
Record and assess the impact of change on time and cost and provide support to the commercial team as required
Develop a process for regular programme updates to assist in the assessment of Earned Value and resource risks, pinch-points, and mitigations
Liaise with finance and commercial department as required. Monitor individual programmes and collate a master programme to able to "see at-a-glance" current operational performance.
Provide concise, accurate information to the MD, Operational Managers and Project teams on a proactive and reactive basis, and contribute to the strategic direction of the business and undertake duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
- You'll be an experienced Planner, with experience within a Civil Engineering or Utilities business previously
- Possess the vision to be able to implement "world class" planning standards
- Expert planner / programmer with expertise in MS Project (or Primavera)
- Capability in programme integration and roll-up
- Capability in programme monitoring and updates
- Expertise in fully resourced programmes and their use in the calculation of earned value
- Good understanding of the development of risk scenarios both manually and using system based approaches, Pert-Master etc
- Ability to provide consistent, accurate and useful management information
- Excellent technical and general communication
What you'll get in return
The chance to grow your C.V with one of the main contractors in the Highways Uk sector, as well the opportunity to join a growing business with an excellent reputation in the Industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Civils Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly