Piping Designer role in Manchester 6 months contract £40 per hour. Pharma and chemical sector
Your new company
You will be joining a consultancy who provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results. Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
Your new role
We are looking for piping and layout designers who have experience in process equipment design and layout, primarily within the chemicals and pharmaceutical sector. You will be familiar with AutoCAD Plant 3D and other AutoDesk AEC Collection products would be beneficial. We are searching for several contract positions for an initial 6 months with the possibility to extend further. The role may require occasional site visits to client locations throughout the UK. Principal roles & responsibilities
- Production of 3D models in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Production of 2D plant layout drawings in AutoCAD
- Drafting of P&ID's in AutoCAD
- Running 3D model reviews
- Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability
- Occasional visits to sites in the UK may be required, including occasional overnight stays
- Site surveys including taking dimensional measurements
- Understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret process P&ID's
- Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
- Design of piping supports
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics
- Ability to work to a programme, a fixed work-hour budget, and tight deadlines
What you'll need to succeed
You will previously worked in a similar role as a piping designer ideally in the chemicals and pharmaceutical sector.
What you'll get in return
This is a 6 months contract which is likely to be longer offering £40 per hour rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.