Compliance officer- Health & Safety Maintenance
7 days left
- Full Time
Busy Local Authority need a compliance support officer/administrator to support the compliance manager
Compliance Support Officer needed in busy Local Authority in Mid Wales
Technical compliance encompasses:
* Legal compliance (with regard to Technical Statutory Requirements and Regulations)
* Technical Mechanical, Electrical, Water, F-Gas, Gas, Asbestos, and Fabric compliance
* Contractual compliance (ensure contractual obligations are met)
* Engage with key stakeholders (internal and client) to ensure that they achieve statutory compliance across your defined areas of responsibility
* To schedule Planned Preventative Maintenance and Cyclical Maintenance activities with Supply Chain and ensure works are booked in in a timely fashion and paperwork received on time
* Ensure the Supply Chain (internal and external) is qualified and well-managed at all times in order that it can deliver the technical services required to facilitate technical compliance.
* Review all certificates received and process accordingly, including management of any remedial works required in accordance with contractual requirements
* Perform regular supervisory inspection visits to ensure work undertaken by operatives and subcontractors is being performed to the standard required and in accordance with regulations and guidelines
* To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Suppliers and Colleagues
* To administer IT systems and review compliance data daily to ensure all compliance deadlines are met
* To support Compliance Managers with desk or site-based audits of Compliance paperwork
* To undertake project work on a "task and finish" basis under the direction of a Compliance Manager
* Pro-actively work with Compliance Manager to reduce risk, and effect change leading to continual improvement
* Ensure up-to-date with technical compliance knowledge and impart to key stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
* Good standard of education, ideally HTC / HND / or Degree
* Proven technical compliance experience
* Able to communicate, advise, negotiate and influence to Head of Level
* Commercial acumen
* Experience of managing and delivering improvements through a supply chain
* Facility Management experience covering administrative, contractual and financial aspects of a facilities management contract.
This is an immediate start and will involve working from home and site visits in Powys.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Compliance officer- Health & Safety Maintenance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly