Senior Mechanical Engineer
I am working alongside an exciting firm of consulting Engineers who specialise in Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health and Environmental Engineering. Their position in the marketplace brings together 50 years of building services experience with cutting edge virtual engineering.
You will manage multiple projects in a clear, concise and co-ordinated manner, meeting project deadlines and cost requirements. Work on own initiative, with minimum supervision on all technical aspects of the Mechanical elements of projects. Take the lead role in projects when required and assist with the supervision of any intermediate, trainee or graduate engineers.
You will work in co-ordination with all other design team members, internal and external and provide excellent client care throughout the whole project life cycle. To be the client's main point of technical contact and if required for the project as a whole.
They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their busy team in Cambridgeshire.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - Mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp and AutoCad/Revit.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).
Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly