Senior Fire Engineer
I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Fire Engineer to be based in Central London. My client is a well-established UK based building services consultancy who have an exciting portfolio which includes financial, pharmaceutical, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK. You will have a minimum of 5 years' industry experience with the ability to inspire colleagues and run large projects, and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships.
You will need robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design and being capable of incorporating those technologies. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work 'hands on'.
A key aspect of providing a suitable fire engineered solution to the client is the knowledge of the
various Codes and Standards. It is paramount to have good knowledge of the British codes and
beneficial to also have experience with NFPA.
The role will involve:
- Manage projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability targets.
- Work within team environment and be able to instruct engineers and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Engineer's control.
- Control own and staff activities to meet Company financial / time targets.
- Produce fee proposals.
- Review plans and produce mark-ups to advise the design team on any non-compliances as well as possibilities for the improvement of the layouts by applying fire engineering.
- Write detailed fire strategies.
- Undertake zone modelling and CFD modelling. Produce the reports and present the findings to the client and design team.
- Oversee the production of detailed design drawings of smoke ventilation systems and sprinklers for submission to the client.
- Adequately communicate their thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals, and clients in verbal and written form.
- Undertake site inspections and fire risk assessments.
- Manage and value variations to the contract.
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company's reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Engineering degree (does not need to be in Fire Engineering but it would be beneficial.
- Effective Team member, i.e. works well with others
- Technically competent.
- Construction Process Aware.
- Experience in zone and CFD modelling.
- Good Communicator.
- Proficient in Microsoft softwares (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Apply for Senior Fire Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly