Principal Mechanical Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Oxfordshire
A well renowned, pioneering building services consultancy are currently looking for a Principal level Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join their team in Oxfordshire.
Very unique opportunity in Oxfordshire to work on large internationally recognised projects, working alongside a number of famous architectural practices. As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, our client now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal level Mechanical Engineer to join their talented Building Services Engineering Team based in Oxfordshire.
Principal Mechanical Engineer duties include:
- Leading a small team of building services engineers, on a select few clients projects.
- Working within the management team to help manage projects and resource in the mechanical department.
- Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
- Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
- Ideally a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution.
- Ideally need to hold a full UK driving license
- You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between their clients and their highly skilled project teams.
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills.
For more information please contact George Osborn on 01206 913 292
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly