1 day left
- Full Time
Full time, permanent contract
We are seeking a professional to join BDP’s growing sustainability profession. The successful candidate will have a 2-5 years’ experience of providing built-environment related consultancy, and will possess a comprehensive understanding of the environmental policy and legislative landscape and future trajectory.
The successful candidate will join a team of specialist consultants working across all areas of the built environment. They will be expected to support the delivery of high-quality design focussed output across a range of sectors. They will have experience of the planning, design and construction industries (and associated processes) and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, resulting in the ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts effectively with interdisciplinary teams. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to multi-task and have exemplary organisational skills.
Their expertise should be borne from an enthusiasm for environmental sustainability, through the practical implementation of reducing the impact of the built environment by developing and implementing strategies that support environmental, social and economic sustainability at local, national and global levels. They will truly enjoy their work, maintaining a keen interest in the fast-paced agenda, and will be driven to develop the role and make a positive contribution to projects by advocating change.
Qualifications and previous experience:
Applicants should have:
- Post-graduate qualification in a sustainability related subject
- Two to five years of relevant experience working in the field of sustainability, with specific experience of sustainability design consultancy
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering sustainable outcomes in a built environment context
- Membership with a relevant industry body
- Exemplary written and spoken English, with experience of report writing and presentations
- To evolve and expand the knowledge of the organisation, raising the company’s profile for delivering consistently environmentally conscious places and buildings
- To ensure that the company develops and expands its environmental and sustainability services internally and externally, working to influence design proposals and lift design quality
- To become accepted as a resource for sustainable design advocacy and creativity, working closely with different teams to provide low impact, healthy and value added design solutions
- To work with the studios, profession heads and board of directors to ensure the sustainability agenda is communicated effectively throughout the practice
- To work to reduce the environmental impact of our day-to-day operations in line with our ISO 14001 and 50001 certification.
- To be regarded as a thought leader for aspects of the sustainability agenda
As a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, BDP offers a unique opportunity to work on large, high profile projects within interdisciplinary design teams. You will take a leading role on our diverse project portfolio, both now and in the future.
As part of the larger organisation, the Sustainability Group provides a wide range of services across building design to both the internal and external client. Our current suite of services include:
- Thought leadership
- Sustainability strategy
- Environmental assessments, including BREEAM, LEED and WELL
- Ecological assessment and consultancy
- Post-occupancy evaluation and building optimisation
- Knowledge sharing and training
- Environmental management systems
Please note that due to the sensitivity of Parliamentary projects successful candidates for these roles will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check (BPSS) and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; 3 years UK Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
In return, BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions, a great working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews will be conducted via video conferencing (via Teams) and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home.
To apply for this role please visit the BDP Recruitment System and click on the apply button below the vacancy. You will then need to complete the online application form, please ensure that you attach an up-to-date CV with a cover letter (<400 words) that outlines your experience with the above job description.
Please include an indication of your salary expectations and notice period in your cover letter.