Senior Building Physics Engineer
Senior Building Physics Engineer - To £50K
Would you like to work for a dedicated energy and environment consultancy and help champion health and wellbeing on a range of low and zero carbon buildings?
Established over 20 years ago, this specialist energy and environmental consultancy is widely regarded as one of the true pioneers of sustainable design. Their core business has always been reducing the environmental impact of new buildings and promoting a more regenerative, circular economy.
Rather than just focussing on the bog-standard Thermal Modelling for compliance, you'll get to develop skills in building performance engineering, emerging technologies and also thermal bridging analysis.
You'll be mentored by a Healthy Buildings expert and also develop new skills in environmental benchmarking tools such as Nabers, Passivhaus, Well, Leed or Breeam.
You'll also benefit from working in a very diverse team of energy engineers, technicians, architects and environmental engineers, which will ensure you develop a true understanding of how a building is designed, built and occupied.
- Championing environmental analysis and thermal bridging studies.
- Carrying out energy performance analysis, MEP systems simulation, compliance analysis and microclimate analysis.
- Promoting innovative low or zero carbon buildings.
- Promoting the use of passive strategies such as natural ventilation, night time cooling, grey water recycling and thermal storage techniques.
- Modelling buildings to demonstrate compliance with BS 5250
- Running simulations using Trisco (or similar Thermal Bridging Software) to determine the hygrothermal performance of building components.
- Running building simulations to minimise the risk of overheating.
- Conducting R&D into new technologies or construction methods.
- Helping developers, architects and investors design low or zero carbon buildings across the UK.
- At least three years' experience as a Building Physics Engineer.
- Track record in assisting reducing the environmental impact of buildings by improving the quality of the design process and way they are constructed.
- Solid experience in environmental design, indoor air quality, health and well-being and sustainable materials.