Senior Sustainability Engineer
Senior Sustainability Engineer - London
As the world's leading Sustainability and Environmental Design Consultancy; their projects regularly win CIBSE Building Performance Awards and they have also been crowned CIBSE Employer of the Year on many occasions.
However, it's not just these awards that makes this consultancy great, it's their people, their culture, ethics and diversity of projects.
Working in a stable and connected team of Sustainability Engineers, Building Physics Engineers and Environmental Analysts you'll enjoy working on projects that will genuinely change people's lives, improve society and also redefine what a high performance, healthy building is.
Whether is a true net zero carbon masterplan, a low energy university, a carbon neutral high rise mixed-use development you'll certainly enjoy diverse projects across the UK, Australasia and the US.
- Provide expert advice to clients, developers and architects on how to achieve a zero-carbon future
- Undertake calculations to determine the embodied carbon and whole life carbon.
- Provide strategic advice on big picture sustainability issues or emerging trends.
- Provide advice on best practice environmental design principles and passive design options.
- Liaise with the Building Physics Engineers and promote DfP and MMC.
- Provide advice to clients on Net Zero Pathways, Sustainability and Energy Strategies, Embodied Carbon, Health + Well-being, Certification Strategies and Sustainable Master-planning.
- Promote the design and smart buildings that use AI and machine learning.
- Use a range of environmental assessment methodologies to create, low energy, high performing buildings.
- Contribute to creating thought leadership articles, blogs or delivering presentations.
- Undertake R+D to ensure we maintain our position as the global leader in environmental design and sustainability.
- Use a range of dynamic modelling software such as IESVe, Trisco, EDSL TAS and Ladybug, Honeybee or Grasshopper to help automate the design process.
- 25 days leave
- 5-hour week, with the option of a 4.5-day week or 9-day fortnight
- CIBSE Approved Training and Development Program.
- 5% Pension
- Payment of Professional Memberships
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
- Opportunity to be mentored by recognised thought leaders within Sustainability