Graduate or Junior Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer
We are working with a well-established, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in Hertfordshire to find them a Graduate or Junior Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer.
You will assist in the design of HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems including above ground water services, assist in selecting mechanical plant and use IES or Hevacomp to carry out calculations and correctly size ducts, pipes and plantrooms.
- Develop concept, performance specifications and detailed HVAC designs
- Prepare sketches and technical drawings that reflect the design calculations
- Produce detailed drawings and 2D layouts using AutoCAD
- Assist in selecting equipment and materials which will satisfy the design parameters, applicable codes and standards
- Coordinate your mechanical design with other disciplines (Architectural, structural, electrical & public health) to minimise conflicts and avoid costly revisions
- Remain informed on the latest developments in technology, equipment and materials
It is essential that you have either 1). Recently completed a Degree in Building Services or 2). Have completed a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and have at least 6 months experience as a consulting Engineer and a working knowledge of AutoCAD and IES or Hevacomp.