Associate Building Services Engineer
I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Building Services Design Engineer to join a multi-award winning building services design consultancy who have locations across the UK. They are one of the industry leaders providing design, energy, project management and planning & regulations across some of the most exciting projects within residential/mixed-use, commercial, industrial, healthcare and educational projects. They are looking for an experienced Principal/Associate Building Services design engineer to join their busy team in Kent.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of their successful MEP and Sustainability Team. You will be responsible for managing projects, influencing design and quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team. You will assist in the day-to-day management of the MEP team including client management, invoicing, team resources, and business development.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead.
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Develop new and repeat business.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients.
- Monitor and review junior staff performance.
- Report resource and financial information to group Partners.
- Identify opportunities for new services and company development.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- Detailed knowledge of key Building Regulations (Part L, F, P, B) and CIBSE Guides (TM59, CP1).
- Experience of delivering commercial and healthcare projects.
- Hold membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).