Fire safety engineer
Fire safety engineer in nuclear sector, warrington and home based, £32k - £65k plus package.
Your new company
You will be joining an established consultancy who are looking to expand the engineering team with a fire safety engineer based from warrington. Their safety support to Nuclear New Build projects that will contribute to achieving net-zero, continues to grow.
Your new role
The fire safety consultant will work in the nuclear industry to work on Nuclear New Build, decommissioning, and fusion projects. Whilst this opportunity is focussed on nuclear, there will be opportunities to work in other safety critical sectors (e.g. rail, maritime, aerospace) and in new markets relating to Clean Energy systems and Renewables where there are fire safety hazards (e.g. Hydrogen, and Lithium Battery Storage).
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Physics or Maths.
- MSc Fire Safety Engineering (or equivalence by experience)
- Be Chartered (or working towards Chartership, e.g. through the IFE)
- Fire Safety Engineering experience in the nuclear industry
- It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment.
- A history of involvement in large multi-disciplinary projects
- A track record of working successfully with clients and developing new business.
- Knowledge of Clean Energy systems such as Hydrogen, and Lithium Battery Storage
What you'll get in return
- 25 days' holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme up to 8%
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.