Mechanical Services Engineer
We are looking to strengthen our team within our Jersey Energy team. We are looking for a motivated and talented, Principal/Associate Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join our team. You will contribute to developing the business and your own career progression, which will be actively and positively encouraged
Jersey Energy is a pan Channel Island building services consultancy specialising in the design of high quality, low energy and sustainable solutions within the built environment, providing a wide range of services to Clients on projects ranging in size and complexity from domestic dwellings through to commercial and industrial properties.
If you are passionate about sustainable solutions and love the challenge and opportunities of working for an established and well respected safety-focused, local company, then we believe that Jersey Electricity is the place for you!
- Co-ordinate, design, lead and supervise projects and the team to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Develop and agree project scope of work and results in accordance to Quality Assurance requirements, industry standards and codes of practice, timeously and within fee budget constraints.
- Working collaboratively with the Design Team to produce co-ordinated concept and detail designs that are technically compliant and to a consistent high quality and standard.
- Undertake site surveys, work progress/monitoring, snagging inspections, dilapidation inspections etc. prepare concise written reports. Providing positive contribution to design, project, cost review and site meetings.
- Undertake regular ‘in house’ design Quality Assurance reviews and checks.
- Produce technically excellent concept, feasibility and detail designs and specifications for engineering systems.
- Prepare budget projection costs, tender return summaries, budgets/cost expenditure etc. Lead, analyse and comment upon contractor tender returns and variations.
- Implement Company Health and Safety risk assessments and method statements. Ensure all concept and detail designs correlate to Government Health and Safety legislation.
- Understand, continually study/update, plus implement Company and Government Health and Safety Standards in house and on site.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in good engineering practice and advances in technology. Undertake regular Continued Professional Development to continually improve technical, commercial and management knowledge.
- Embrace the company’s work ethics of honesty and integrity. Act expertly at all times to develop the company’s professional reputation and standing within the construction industry.
- Timely delivery of work to Company quality, revenue and profit criteria, set annually by Company.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Outstanding Leadership and Management skills. Able to lead and run client interfaces
- Excellent project management skills in delivering and managing projects from inception through to completion
- Strong communication skills, able to relate well at all levels.
- Proficient IT and organisational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and team building skills with the ability to train and mentor staff
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Design software packages including: AutoCAD/Hevacomp/Cymap/Amtech/BIM
Level of experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ operating at a senior level within a consultancy practice
- CIBSE accredited HNC, HND or Honours Degree course or an industry related degree or equivalent
- Be professionally registered as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) with the Engineering Council or have suitable demonstrable equivalent experience as an Incorporated Engineer.
- Membership of a professional body such as CIBSE and the Engineering Council
- Hold Construction Skills Certification Scheme Health and Safety Accreditation or Passport to Safety, or equivalent.
Jersey Electricity provides excellent benefits, starting with private medical insurance, discounted electricity rates and discount within our Powerhouse shop. We offer competitive salaries combined with an attractive pension and paid parental leave with enhanced leave for mothers/primary carers. We are family-friendly, believe in work life balance and strive to give you everything you need to both love your job and do excellent work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, pregnancy and maternity, age or disability status.
About Jersey Electricity
At Jersey Electricity, our vision is to enable life’s essentials and inspire a zero carbon future. We are committed to our customers and employees and share values of Safety, Customer Focus, Responsibility, Reliability, Teamwork and Excellence.
We are an engaged and focused workforce, committed to ensuring we “keep the lights on” across the island and explore new ways of providing energy and related services to islanders. Working at Jersey Electricity means you are part of “family” of around 330 employees across a number of diverse business sectors from the distribution of energy to Retail and Commercial services.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people. Reasonable adjustments will be made to the recruitment procedure as required in consultation with the applicant to ensure no-one is disadvantaged because of their disability. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role as set out in the role profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Whatever your role with us, you will find the support you need to develop in a long-term career and work with many long-serving employees to help us achieve our vision.
Being an employee of Jersey Electricity, you will:
- Share in the success of ground-breaking projects to electrify the island;
- Be part of a highly skilled and developing workforce;
- Participate in company-wide wellbeing initiatives;
- Develop both professionally and personally in a supportive environment;
- Benefit from a competitive rewards and compensation package;
- Help us develop our engaged, diverse and innovative workforce