Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Join a leading independent MEP design consultancy who has over 40 years' experience and has delivered on more than 4,000 successful projects and have been associated with hundreds of Clients across various sectors.
They provide high quality comprehensive Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, and Environmental engineering solutions to the broad range of projects we work on. From large new build, renovations and fit-outs to bespoke environmental designs that result in more efficient buildings in all sectors including commercial, education, residential and health care.
They are looking to add to an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy MEP design team.
- Mechanical services design including but not limited to heating, cooling, ventilation, hot and cold-water systems and above ground drainage.
- Preparation and development of concept, feasibility and detailed design proposals, which include specifications, drawings, calculations.
- Thermal modelling and energy calculations using one of the following, IES or TAS.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD 2D with either some knowledge of the use of Revit or the desire to learn.
- MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills required and be able to accompany colleagues to meetings with clients, other professional design team members and contractors.
- Strong technical expertise within mechanical building services design, gained working within the UK building services industry for either a consultancy or contractor.
- Knowledge of UK design legislation and guidance.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- 5 years minimum Mechanical services design experience.
- IES or TAS software knowledge.
- HNC/HND level in building services or Mechanical engineering or degree equivalent.
- Full UK drivers' licence.
- High standard of written and verbal English.
- Able to handle several ongoing projects at various stage.
Please get in touch if you feel you are suitable for the role.