Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
About the role...
We are seeking a Senior/Principal Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to work on new and refurbishment projects in a variety of market sectors from our Manchester office. The role offers excellent potential for professional development and growth within our successful team.
Your typical activities...
- Strategize projects and deliverables according to client brief
- Be client facing and run projects from concept through to handover
- Manage time and resource according to project and report to Mechanical Director accordingly
- Consider employers requirements and put together fee bids
- Run and manage meetings with the external project team
- Produce design drawings and calculations using digital technology
- Visit site to monitor installation compliance
- Condition surveys and reports on existing building services systems
- Mentor and manage lower grade engineers
- Manage and deliver projects, and report up to Directors
What you will bring to our team...
- Have vested interest and understanding of contribution of building services engineering to the UK’s low carbon agenda
- Be career oriented and have a progressive outlook towards business
- Maintain a can do attitude and a friendly manner
- Be a communicative team worker
- Bring knowledge and competence in design using software [auto cad/ hevacomp]
- An academic qualification in building services engineering or related subject
- Membership or aspiration to become a Member of the CIBSE or equivalent professional body
- Registration with the Engineering Council to IEng is desirable although not essential
- Experienced use of Revit is desirable although not essential
- Have commercial awareness and business driven mentality
- Understand commercial impact of procurement methods and have cohesive understanding of appointments with regards RIBA stages
King Associates will provide you with ...
- Opportunity to work on some of the region’s most high profile developments
- Diversity of projects and appointments
- Support for professional development and career progression [The ability to progress through career to management and director level ]
- A competitive benefits package
- Flexible working platform
- The ability to be involved in some first of a kind technology projects within the emerging energy markets
- A rounded understanding of the wider business and economics surrounding building services
- Freedom to bring in new business and manage clients with a bonus related offer
Next Steps... Please contact Jim@tozerassociates.com