- Full Time
Senior Energy Engineer - To £40K + Unlimited holidays, profit share and remote working.
I'm working with a specialist Energy and Sustainability Consultancy to find them a Senior Energy Engineer. You'll genuinely be able to help create a more sustainable built environment and get to work with architects, planners and clients from the very start of a project.
As an employee-owned business, quality, integrity and employee well-being run through it. That's why in addition unlimited holidays, flexible working hours, remote working options, pension, ongoing training and development you'll also receive a profit share.
You just won't just be working for another big corporate company and essentially funding the Directors new Porsche or third holiday home, you'll actually be working towards making the company better and also get to own a part of it.
You'll use your understanding of building materials, building performance engineering and modern methods of construction to really influence the sustainability on projects; that won't then just be value engineered out by a contractor.
- Use the Passivhaus method to promote a sustainable, low energy building.
- Carry out Level 3,4 & 5 SBEM calculations
- Use IESVe to minimise overheating in commercial buildings ( CIBSE TM52 ) and also carry out Daylight and Sunlight assessments
- Use IESVe to determine the Operational Energy Performance of Buildings at the Design Stage (CIBSE TM54)
- Use IESVe to minimise overheating within residential buildings (CIBSE TM59 )
- Liaise with clients to understand their sustainability aspirations on new developments.
- Promote the use of onsite renewable energy generation or passive design.
- Assist with calculating heating and cooling loads.
- Maintain up to date with each local councils, carbon and energy policies and regulations.
- Liaise with the inhouse BRREAM Assessors,
- NDEA qualification.
- Able to use IES and AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills and ability to listen and consult with clients.
- Willingness to share ideas openly to contribute to the continuous improvement of the business or services.
- Ideally, some knowledge in Embodied carbon knowledge and understanding of LCA's.
As a Senior Energy Consultant or Senior Energy Engineer, you'll liaise with architects, developers, housing associations and manufacturers and provide strategic advice on how they can achieve ultra-low energy or NZC buildings.
For a confidential chat, please feel free to get in touch with me directly on 07595 071 303, via LinkedIn or via my direct email. It's just Richard at Human Capital Solutions dot co dot UK. You can of course to apply via this job board, however you'll be hounded by every recruiter in the country.
Keywords ; Sustainability, LCA, LCEA, IESVe, Sustainability Strategies, Carbon Offset Solutions, Daylight and Thermal Comfort Assessments, EPCs, Passivhaus, Level 3, 4, and 5 Non-Domestic Energy Assessor (NDEA), Therm, Design Builder, Hevacomp, TM 52, TM49, TM59, Circular Economy.
Apply for Energy Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly