Building Services Sector Lead / Director
4 days left
- Full Time
Building Services Sector Lead / Director - Atkins Bristol or Cardiff
Your new company
Atkins, a member of SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. They offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery, you will be playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Aviation, Defence, Energy, Cities and Development, Education, Rail and Water.
Atkins Infrastructure division are looking to appoint an Associate / Associate Director Building Services Engineer who is looking to further develop their career in a forward-thinking Building Design practice. The role will ideally be based in their Bristol or Cardiff offices with a national remit focusing on our Science, Industrial and Technology (SIT) sector - working with clients and designers across the UK and internationally through our Global Technology Centre.
Your new role
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals with specific responsibility for leading on project delivery, innovation and work-winning across the SIT sector. Atkins have been successful across the science, industry and technology sectors and are looking for someone to take a lead from a Building Services perspective and further develop Atkins great work and reputation across these sectors.
As an Associate / Associate Director you will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You'll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to successfully deliver design services that exceed our client expectations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience operating in a similar position, managing working with commercial and public-sector client organisations, delivering complex technical projects in a collaborative working environment. Experience of industrial and manufacturing sectors desirable.
- Ability to effectively interface with clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with client, contractors, other supply chain partners and the wider stakeholder communities.
- Strong demonstrable commercial acumen (understands contracts and able to manage internal and external change effectively) & negotiating skills typically required to secure and deliver revenue.
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing and operating Project Governance and Controls.
- Good knowledge of financial processes including project cost control and ability to interpret and report financial data and analysis
- Experience of effectively managing 3rd Party Suppliers, utilising a variety of contracting methods
- Demonstrable evidence of a developed professional and client network
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification in relevant technical discipline.
What you'll get in return
An extremely competitive salary which is fully negotiable for the right person. You'll also benefit from flexible working, access to leading technology and support to continue your personal development. You'll receive 25 days leave a year, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell more. Private medical insurance, gym membership, child care vouchers and additional pension contributions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Building Services Sector Lead / Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly