Senior Electrical Engineer (Interiors)
- Full Time
Position: Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is a global engineering consultancy and are well known as a leading brand undertaking challenging projects. They have a position in the Interiors team for a Senior Electrical Engineer in the London office. This role is not strictly a full-time position, they are open to discussions about part time/flexible arrangements. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects in London, from time to time you will cover other sectors including commercial refurbishment/new build, retail and hospitality. A Senior Engineer/Project Leader is accountable for the management and delivery of engineering projects by way of scheduling activity, preparing appropriate plans, ensuring activity is tracking to plans, and managing the budgets and invoices associated with that project.
- Understanding the business and client requirements;
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment;
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues;
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines;
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines;
- Ensuring budget and financials remain on track during life of the project.
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience;
- Well-developed understanding of relevant British Standards;
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct);
- A project management methodology accreditation would be advantageous.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients;
- Able to manage change and ambiguity;
- Ability to lead and manage a small team and to affect change;
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives;
- Well-developed problem solving skills;
- Politically astute with team members and clients;
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors.