Snr Electrical Building Services Engineer
East Midlands based - ASAP Start - 18-month contract - Up to £31 per hour - 37 hours per week
Your new company
Hays Building Services working exclusively with a public sector organisation who required a Chartered Senior Electrical Engineer on an 18-month contract, working within the Capital Construction & Maintenance team.
Your new role
You will be responsible for managing the Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental services team to ensure that the mechanical and electrical systems operate efficiently to meet legislative and regulatory standards of compliance, best practice standards and environmental targets.
You will ensure that the estates comprising mechanical and electrical assets are fully documented and that all relevant maintenance contracts are current, effective and responsive to minimise the disruption to Service delivery.
You will manage all mechanical and electrical aspects of Building projects in terms of design, procurement, evaluation, installation and compliance covering management, maintenance, refurbishment and replacement of the organisations estate.
- To document all systems and installations and plan/programme regular inspections, condition surveys and servicing/testing to assess backlog maintenance, priorities and budget cost. Produce accurate reports to support compliance, management, maintenance and development projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all buildings are maintained in a state that is fit for purpose, ensuring that management regimes, plans and programmes are in place and implemented to ensure that all mechanical & electrical installations including boiler plant, distribution infrastructure, UPS and generator systems, renewable energy systems etc. operate to regulatory standards and within manufactures guidelines.
- Co-ordinate all mechanical and electrical planned preventative maintenance, reactive and minor works with the engineering team and other Assets.
- Design/specify, provide advice in relation to design and specifications, sign off and approve designs and specifications and all associated installation, testing and commissioning of all mechanical & electrical elements of projects highlighting defective and non-compliant work to engineers and project managers.
- Evaluate tenders with the Procurement Department to award contracts, supervise and monitoring the delivery of mechanical & electrical contracts to ensure all statutory requirements are met.
- Provide technical support on all M&E issues when and where required.
- Professional Electrical qualifications
- IEng or Ceng with CIBSE/IET membership (or working towards)
- Experience of working in a busy building focused Estates team.
- Experience of undertaking mechanical and electrical engineering design work.
- Experience of overseeing mechanical & electrical engineers, maintenance and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Develop appropriate plans, supervise staff and contractors; effectively control progress of projects and programs ensuring that satisfactory completion of all work.
- ASAP Start
- 18-month contract
- 37 hours per week
- Up to £31 per hour
- Flexible working + Work from home
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Snr Electrical Building Services Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly