Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (Data Centres)
We are looking for a skilled and innovative Mechanical Engineer to join one of London's most established Data Centre Design and Build companies.
The role will include aiding in the design, upgrade, commissioning, and day to day operation of the new and existing mechanical infrastructure across existing data centres and ancillary buildings. The focus is on the design principles and design simplicity, energy efficiency, sustainability and ease of maintenance. The role, apart from BAU will be involved in exciting projects and constant strive for improvement and engineering excellence.
- Production and update of technical design standards.
- Technical assistance for BAU (business as usual) operational issues and queries.
- Concept design production - scope of works, drawings and calculations.
- Coordination and collaboration with external consultants and contractors to develop design to construction issue.
- Evaluation of technical submittals and designs with a view to optimising energy efficiency, sustainability and TCO (total cost of ownership).
- Commissioning and witnessing of new/upgraded infrastructure.
- Responding to new customer RFPs and existing customer queries on installation.
- Technical assistance with ISO audits including health and safety.
- Design engineering background in building services (mechanically biased) - minimum 3 years.
- Strong knowledge of chilled water and/or glycol-based cooling systems.
- Knowledge and experience in critical, high availability infrastructure industry.
- Experience in producing project specifications.
- Experience of the commissioning of complex infrastructure.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits (travel allowance, bonus scheme, pension, health insurance)
Apply for Intermediate Mechanical Engineer (Data Centres)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly