Our client is a rapidly expanding consultancy with multiple offices across the country. They are currently seeing a massive influx in projects and are needing to bring in multiple members of staff. They are currently looking for a Fire Engineer with a minimum of 2 years experience to their team. This is a fantastic opportunity as you will get to work alongside some of the most technically gifted engineers in the business. This company is big on professional development and will actively push you to keep progressing as an engineer. They have a fantastic bonus structure and once you are in the company there are lots of different paths you can take to suit your aspirations. They will help you identify your strengths and make sure that you are being compensated for them.
Fire Engineer Responsibilities:
You will be expected to produce detailed fire strategy reports. Escape analysis (including assessment of travel distances, escape routes and exit widths/capacities; RSET calculations; development of emergency evacuation plans).
* Good Knowledge British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, as well as knowledge of changes to the Building Regulations and upcoming safety bills such as the New Fire Safety Bill and Building Safety Bill.
* You will be responsible for revieing designs
* Play a part in design team meetings
* Site inspections with initial supervision.
* Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling using programs such as FDS, Pyrosim and Smokeview. Zone modelling with progams such as CFast and B-Risk.
Fire Engineering Requirements:
* Good knowledge and understanding of all relevant parts of the building regulations and British Standards
* Degree in relevant field
* MFireE or IFE Level 5 Diploma in Fire Engineering Design
* Ideally working towards Chartership
* Industry relevant hands-on experience.
* Minimum experience of 2 years.
This is a brilliant opportunity to get involved with a consultancy that will be growing exponentially over the next few years. If you are a Fire Engineer looking for a company that values it's employees then get in touch today with Kye Nessling on 01728 726 125 -