Associate Fire Engineer
Associate Fire Safety Engineer:
It is with great excitement to advertise we are now working with a sector leading Fire Engineer consultancy, after their hard work and dedication they have grown their London office to new heights of success which has now created an astonishing opportunity for a determined and focused Associate Fire Safety design engineer to join the ranks of this innovating company and to be in charge of the formation and growth of a brand new Manchester based office. This position allows for a clear path towards not only an associate position and the leadership of the new Manchester office but for the successful individual to have a rare opportunity to also become a Director & shareholder within the company.
The outstanding individual who managers to secure this exceptional opportunity will be the driving force for success in their newly formed Manchester division, not only will you be leading and setting up this division you will also inspire future fire design engineers joining your ranks.
Your Responsibilities within this position will be but not limited to the below:
As an associate you will be expected to produce detailed fire strategy reports including Escape analysis (including assessment of travel distances, escape routes and exit widths/capacities; RSET calculations; development of emergency evacuation plans).
To manage and maintain the new Manchester division with the assistance of the Main London branch.
- Strong Knowledge of British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, as well as knowledge of changes to the Building Regulations and upcoming safety bills such as the New Fire Safety Bill and Building Safety Bill.
- You will be responsible for revieing designs.
- Lead and set an exceptional example in design team meetings to ensure success.
- High quality Site inspections with initial supervision.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling using programs such as FDS, Pyrosim and Smokeview. Zone modelling with progams such as CFast and B-Risk.
Fire Engineering Requirements:
- Strong and confident knowledge and understanding of all relevant parts of the building regulations and British Standards.
- A Degree within a relevant field.
- MFireE or IFE Level 5 Diploma in Fire Engineering Design.
- Ideally a Chartership or progress towards however this is desirable not essential.
- Industry leading relevant hands-on experience.
- 10 to 15 years previous experience.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Willingness to travel.
If you are looking for a consultancy that are progressing from strength to strength and are looking for a driven and focused individual to not only propel the consultancy into new heights of success but to become a valuable asset to the company as a whole,
Please contact Jed Canham via the following email address: jed@ conradconsulting.co.uk
Apply for Associate Fire Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly