Facilities Manager (Hard FM / M&E) - Estates/Facilities - Nottingham - £40-50k + Excellent Benefits
Your new company
A higher education establishment in Nottingham are looking to appoint a Campus Services Manager / Facilities manager (M&E/Hard FM) to join their Estates & Facilities team.
The Facilities Manager will lead the development and delivery of consistent, high level customer service across the campus, delivering and maintaining fit for purpose, functionally suitable, safe, legislatively compliant facilities and services in support of the organisations' strategies that positively impact key stakeholders.
You will be at the heart of the Estates operational service provision and will be the local single point of contact, escalation and 'go to' person on site. By using Service Level Agreements as a basis for delivery, you will make operational decisions based on specific needs of the campus and will drive local delivery teams in Mechanical and Electrical (M&E), Domestic and Building Services to be appropriately resourced, trained and supported to focus on the needs and requirements of all key stakeholders.
Your new role
- To Manage facilities operational services, encouraging development of innovative solutions for running the services and positively impacting key stakeholders
- Managing a team of multi-skilled maintenance engineers (plumbers, electricians etc)
- Delegate jobs and deploy staff accordingly with onsite requirements
- Identify any health & safety issues impacting the site
- Utilise strong mechanical and electrical skills to ensure systems are correctly maintained, repaired and upgraded across the University.
- Identify, plan, resource and manage the overall budgets for the teams reporting to this post in line with the University's financial regulations
- Responsible for recruitment
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualification/relevant degree or equivalent in a facilities management or a similar discipline
- Proven track record of working in a Facilities Management for a large estate
- Excellent knowledge and application of M&E services
- Excellent in a leadership role
- Full membership of appropriate professional body (BIFM, RICS, CIBSE, etc.)
- Experience working in an environment with strong KPI's
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent qualification
What you'll get in return
- £40,322 - £49,553 (annual % increase)
- 36.25 hours per week
- 44 days annual leave
- Company Pension (21%)
- Flexi time
- Retail discounts
- Continuous development / external courses / qualifications
- Private medical
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.